All sorts of planned things did not happen in May. But all sorts of wonderful things beyond the reach of goals also occurred.
- I did have a friend and her sweet baby over for dinner. Check.
- 15 posts? No. But I did blog regularly, which is, I suppose, the point.
- I completed C.S. Lewis' The Abolition of Man and Jon Acuff's Quitter.
- I practiced…more. Still not enough. The journey continues.
- I sent some thank-yous and listed some gifts.
I also enjoyed:
- a fabulous visit from the sister and cousin which involved a lot of much-needed girl-time.
- a memorable trek out to Colorado.
- our house's annual barbecue, attended this year by over a hundred people.
Yes, despite clumsily achieved goals, May was a glorious month. I can't wait to see what the summer holds.
Goals for June:
- Try a few new recipes.
- Write 15 blog posts.
- My next class is looming near. I'd like to jump-start some of the assigned reading.
- Complete Jane Austen's Sandition, William Deresiewicz's A Jane Austen Education, and Emily Freeman's Grace for the Good Girl. I also plan to attempt anew Victor Hugo's Les Miserables.
- Get into some kind of regular practice routine.