I think it’s that time of the year when everyone is just kind of tired. Maybe it’s the dark long evenings. Maybe it’s the fact that Thanksgiving is just around the corner with Christmas close on its heels. This should be a fun, celebratory, exciting time of year but then there are colds and icky illnesses and deadlines and that dragging feeling . . . all together, it all just makes you just want to stay under the covers in the morning.
Let’s count up some good things that have happened this week, though, shall we?
- I found a place to host the recital and Christmas party for the Christmas recital. Thank. Goodness. Disaster narrowly avoided, let me tell you. The process of seeking a recital-and-party venue for elementary-age children in a crowded, over-priced metro area should be carefully outlined in The Master Handbook for Piano Teachers.
- Thanksgiving is next week! This is reason enough to celebrate, but we’re going to visit Mark’s family in Dallas for the week which means *WARMTH*.
- Our Giant now carries both Talenti’s Double Dark-Chocolate and Belgian Milk Chocolate flavors. Be still, my heart.
- I borrowed Kathleen Norris’ The Cloister Walk from a friend and it’s fabulous. Just the kind of quite, lyrical, thoughtful prose I like to read at the beginning of the day.
- My mom sent me a gorgeous dress from Anthropologie that I would probably never have bought for myself. (Aren’t mothers pretty fabulous?) It’s similar to this one. The sweet package made my week, and possibly my entire holiday season.
Your turn. What is making your week wonderful, despite everything that is not?
Now, just in case things are not yet bright, let’s look at some pretty bowls. Which one is your favorite? I love the double-handled barn-red bowls from Williams-Sonoma, but the Anthro polka-dots pretty much slay me. Also, a STRIPED bowl??? So adorable.
For some fun serving-bowl choices, jump over to Jess’ blog.