When I began looking at January in preparation for this post, I realized that I never actually wrote most of my goals down in any tangible way. Not sure how I missed that (baby brain?), but whoops. Especially considering that writing my goals down makes me 42% more likely to achieve them.
So. A list of specific goals and action items coming soon in writing. All of that aside, January was a good month. I entered 2014 determined to exert more control over our food budget, to read more, to cook more.
- We met our food budget for January. Hooray!
- I was thrilled to finish Kathleen Norris’ The Cloister Walk, Dorothy Sayer’s Letters to a Diminished Church, and Karen Swallow Prior’s Booked in January.
- I added pancakes (Don’t laugh. I know it’s ridiculous that I’ve never made pancakes before this), vegetable soup, focaccia bread, and this yummy chicken salad to my list of “recipes I would confidently make again”. And Shannon helped me make scones for the first time.
Here are some Instagrams from January.
My goals for February include:
- Reading – The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee, The Supper of the Lamb, and The Secret Life of Bees are on my current “to finish” list.
- Decorate 1 wall in this house. With something. For crying out loud, we still have only one picture up.
- Keep my two new plants alive through February.
- Travel. This isn’t really a goal as much as it is a fact. A fun trip is in the works!
- Start my Project Life album.
What do you hope to accomplish in February?
Also, if you are in the mood for a fun photo challenge, join my #imagesofsummer challenge. I’ll be sharing warm, sunny images each weekday throughout the month of February and I would love to see your photos! Here’s how you can join:
1.Upload a bright, warm, summer-mood picture onto Instagram.
2. Hashtag it with #imagesofsummer.
3. Tag me on Instagram (emilyamccord) to make sure that I see it.
Every week I’ll be featuring an #imagesofsummer participant on Friday’s post! Don’t have an Instagram account? Share your image on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog instead. Link back to The Orange Slate and shoot me an email (theorangeslate at gmail dot com) with a link to your post to ensure that I see it.
I am so looking forward to all of the pictures reminding us that spring and summer are just a little ways away!